Course Webpage for Math 20550, Sections 21 & 61 - Calculus III Tutorial - Fall 2014
- Tutorial Time and Location:
- Section 21: Thursday, 11:00-11:50 in Pasquerilla 109
- Section 61: Thursday, 12:30-13:20 in Hayes-Healy 117
- Office Hours:
in Hurley 295, or by appointment
- Wednesday: 16:00-17:00
- Friday: 16:00-17:00
- Course-specific E-mail: eburkard+Teaching@nd.edu
- My tutorial syllabus.
- Course Main Page: nd.edu/~sstarche/Math20550/index.html On this webpage you will find information about exams, grading, homework, extra credit, and most other things you might need.
- Last Fall and this Summer, I was an instructor for this class (Calc III). You can find my course webpages for those here:
These contain my complete lecture notes for the material, as well as plenty of Mathematica notebooks to help visualize concepts, among other things.
Handouts and Other Stuff
- Frenet Serret Notes
- Notes by Prof. Peter Cholak which summarize sections 13.3 and 13.4. A derivation of the
formula given there for the binormal vector which is not in the book can be found in the link "Frenet Serret Notes" above.
- Here is an exercise giving an example of a case where Clairaut's Theorem does not hold.
- Here is a proof of the second partials test.
- Here is some polar graph paper, which will probably help you out.
- You can download a copy of Mathematica (for free) from the OIT website in order to use the notebooks below.