Course Webpage for Math 20550, Sections 41 & 42 - Calculus III Tutorial - Fall 2015
- Tutorial Time and Location:
- Section 41: Thursday, 12:30-13:20 in O'Shaughnessy 116
- Section 61: Thursday, 15:30-14:20 in Riley 200
- Office Hours:
in Hurley 295, or by appointment
- Tuesday: 12:00-13:00
- Thursday: 11:00-12:00
- Course-specific E-mail: eburkard+Teaching@nd.edu
- My tutorial syllabus.
- Course Main Page: nd.edu/~sstarche/math20550/index.html On this webpage you will find information about exams, grading, homework, extra credit, and most other things you might need.
- In Fall 2013 and Summer 2014, I was an instructor for this class (Calc III). You can find my course webpages for those here:
These contain my complete lecture notes for the material, as well as plenty of Mathematica notebooks to help visualize concepts, among other things.
Handouts and Other Stuff
- Frenet Serret (TNB) Notes
- Notes by Prof. Peter Cholak which summarize sections 13.3 and 13.4. A derivation of the
formula given there for the binormal vector which is not in the book can be found in the link "Frenet Serret Notes" above.
- Here is an exercise giving an example of a case where Clairaut's Theorem does not hold.
- Here is a proof of the second partials test.
- Here is some polar graph paper, which will probably help you out.
- You can download a copy of Mathematica (for free) from the OIT website in order to use the notebooks below.